On personal development blogs (one of my favorites in this area is "The Positivity Blog" at http://www.positivityblog.com) I read a lot of calls to be more positive. You can read there a lot about reasons and advantages for being more positive. However, when trying to think positive something is hitting the brakes. Thoughts like the following come up:
- Thinking positive is not being realistic
- Thinking positive is to blandish the world although there is so much pain
- Thinking positive stops the motivation for improvement as everything will seem ok.
The reason: Being positive is behaviour and action but not a view limited to positive aspects.
Negative persons are usually driven by
- Negative interpretations of everything around them
- Negative expectations for the future
- Negative recalls of the past
The solution: For being positive focus on your being and not on your view of the world.
Being positive means to trust in your power to
- improve the things around you
- love yourself and other people
- accept with gratitude what life brings to you
But stick to the facts!
- Drop interpretations
- Drop expectations
Related posts: How to be happy, When to criticize, Success with optimism AND pessimism, The power of intention, Optimist meeting pessimist.