Here are the important things when dealing with dreams:
- You can influence the "issue" you want to dream a solution for by thinking about the particular problem before going to sleep, naming the problem and requesting for help from your subconscious mind.
The actual dream might cover a related or more general problem - so be aware of that.
- When you wake up, immediately try to remember and re-live your dream - and maybe write it down immediately. Because otherwise you will forget the dream very soon.
- Most things you see in your dream are symbols.
Remember that all the things are symbols according to your live experiences and recordings so don't use a classic book to interpret the things you've seen in your dream. Only, if you cannot get any idea, maybe such books can help a little, but usually the things are your personal symbols. People you see may stand for specific values, like friendship, egoism, passion and so on. Same applies for locations.
- Think of your feelings you had in certain situations and name them.
Feelings and emotions are very important and you should recall the feelings you had while dreaming.
- Think of a possible message of the dream and get formed an appropriate sentence.
The dream wants to show you a complete new view and/or wants to point you into a complete new direction.