2007-11-28

Compact communication

Lately I read on a blog the rules for people who want to contribute with articles. I read there a rule that an article must be at least n words. I remembered accidentally my time in school where such rules for homework and reports were given often.

While I find such things useful if the intention is that somebody learns to write or learns the language on the other hand when the intention is to transfer information I would really prefer if the writer is able to pack his message into fewer words.

A lot of time is lost while talking long before getting to the point - often because people do construct their primary messages only while talking or writing about. - We should think before and then point out the message in a compact form. It's like getting to focus.

And there is another advantage: When you talk to people they can only remember a few things of what you said. So tell them less saying more, nobody has time to waste!

No comments: